Can't install Jap Voice track

DeiMartez
Peon
Peon

Can't install Jap Voice track

Postby DeiMartez » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:25 pm

So I general play games without sound so I can listen to podcasts and stuff. But cutscenes don't have subtitles unless you have the Jap voice track DLC thing. So I download it but it refuses to install. At first I thought it corrupted so I tried to download it again and it still won't install.

The only thing I can think of that is causing this problem is that I have 'EU' version of the game but playing with an NA psn account (so NA version of the DLC)

Will I have to get the EU version of the DLC to install properly...?

any help?

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Can't install Jap Voice track

Postby Mirai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:26 pm

DLC is region locked, which means if you have the EU version of the game, you must get the EU version of the DLC.

In the VIta's case this is troublesome as its locked onto one account so to get the Japanese voice DLC to work on your vita, you will need to reset your vita and create an EU account, to access the EU DLC and install it. However you must stick with the EU account to be able to continue using the Jap voice DLC. So the only negative about this is you won't get the trophies.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Just to throw this out there, if you're gonna truncate "Japanese," you should use "JP" or "JPN"; "Jap" is a racial slur, so it's better avoided.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

DeiMartez
Peon
Peon

Postby DeiMartez » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks Mirai for the clarification. I had a feeling that was the case when it didn't install the first time.

Also, sorry Redsilversnake. It's something I'm learning to internalise. Sometimes I make a mistake and write 'Jap' instead of 'JPN'. It's just gonna take a bit of time.

I'll probs just suck it up and play without the DLC then

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 am

To confirm, yes, the DLC has to match the region of the game, or they don't "recognize" each other and you won't be able to use the DLC.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”