Cho Jigen Taisen Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls (Vita)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Cho Jigen Taisen Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls (Vita)

Postby Lan-kun » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:24 pm

vhsface wrote:so is this being localized? i just got into the series and this seems very interesting

Seeing as MegaTagmension (Blanc's spinoff game) will be localized, it'd be safe to say that this would be too.
Oh, welcome to the forums and Nep family as well. I'm the forum's resident yandere Nepgear fan, by the way. Hope you enjoy the series and your time here. :D
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:34 pm

I finally had a chance to play it and goodness gracious, this looks like an unmitigated disaster from my first, limited playthrough (still in tutorial phase). Technically is very, very poor with an uneven frame rate. Considering Felistella did better (though nothing extremely good) with the Re;Birth series it's a bit baffling to see such level.
Also, transitions during the events are back to quick cuts without any kind of fade (which was seen in, for example, Geki Noire). And last, like people already mentioned, it completely cuts off any kind of extra processes the Vita is running. Considering what I'm seeing, it's hard to believe it's used for extra power.
As far as story goes, things have just started so I'm not able to comment.
As a suggestion though, don't waste money on this. If you want a good RPG not localized yet, go for Tokyo Xanadu instead.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:18 am

After playing it more, this game is a complete trainwreck.
The game is slow. Very slow. The battles are a slog, even compared to the Re;Birth games. The game looks really bad, as I said, and the story isn't going very well either. I'm not sure who wrote the script, but Segami and IF interactions are terrible. Doesn't help that Kana Ueda (IF) sounds like she's bored 90% of the dialogue.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 am

xizro345 wrote:The battles are a slog, even compared to the Re;Birth games.
I don't follow this one. The Re;Birth games I've played never felt particularly slow to me.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:46 pm

I meant that they're incredibly slow, and even the Re;Birth games are that slow. Considering they're the same developer, it's extremely odd.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:54 pm

The price of quantity over quality, ladies and gentlemen.

At least this is just a spin-off so that I can do what I normally do and pretend it doesn't exist.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 pm

AFAIK this was almost universally panned.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:The price of quantity over quality, ladies and gentlemen.
First, there's no reason you can't have both. Second, that doesn't even make sense here. Felistella had nothing to do with the other spinoffs other than the ReBirths (two of which were very port-like in nature anyway), and the ReBirth ones run fine, so clearly that wasn't an issue either.

KoopaTroopinski wrote:At least this is just a spin-off so that I can do what I normally do and pretend it doesn't exist.
It's still a game that money is spent on and time goes into. It being a spinoff doesn't mean there should suddenly be less standards than if it weren't one.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:32 pm

I wouldn't say that the Re;Birth games have slow battles (though the framerate on Vita could certainly be better; just try playing any of them on a PSTV), but here, the battles are just a slog. The main culprit is that you can only target one enemy at a time, making battles go far slower than they did when you could take out multiple enemies at once. Also annoying is the lack of varied normal attacks. Whereas the rest of the series has the three different types of attacks, this game gives you one attack type in total, presumably so they could have a jump button in battle which so far has only been used for jumping up for HP/SP crystals.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:41 pm

How does this compare to the original Neptunia in terms of quality? Would you say it's better, worse, or about the same?
PSN: YuriFan9999

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:How does this compare to the original Neptunia in terms of quality? Would you say it's better, worse, or about the same?

I doubt we'll ever see anything as horrible as the original Neptunia, though if you include spinoffs, PP is worse on a technical level.

Regarding this game, from what I've played thus far, it's more mediocre than anything. I feel like the changes made in this one were more for the worse, which is disappointing because I actually quite liked what they did with the battle system in R;B3. Besides the annoying changes to the battle system, the added parkour elements do little to actually make the dungeons more entertaining, the coin collecting just makes it even more painfully obvious that the same few dungeon designs are being constantly reused since now you have to explore practically identical dungeons to the fullest to get them all, and to add insult to injury, from what I've heard about the bad end, it quite literally requires a NG+ as you have to beat the recurring boss on your first go, which is impossible on your first playthrough due to how strong it is.

At least we finally got a run button. That's the one thing I do appreciate.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the game itself feels somewhat import-unfriendly compared to other games in the series thanks to the weird quest system the game has. Basically, you get a bunch of quests and for each one you clear, the recurring boss gets a stat debuff. The catch is that once you clear a set amount of quests, all of your unfinished quests give slight buffs to the recurring boss and I think you get another chance at beating it. Once that's done, you get a new quest limit and you resume. It's weird and I'm not even sure that I'm entirely correct on how it works because why the fuck is this shit so needlessly complicated? Can't I just do quests, Felistella?! Is that not enough?!
Trophy card
Spoiler:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:17 pm

it's not exactly like this but basically, after a while the quests that aren't done disappear. You have to

Spoiler:
die again against the boss
to make them reappear.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Another problem: this game likes to throw stupidly strong bosses at you with no warning. I just lost an hour's worth of progress from
Spoiler:
the event where you have to beat Saturn or Neptune depending on who you pick.
I went into the boss and it promptly clobbered me because I wasn't nearly strong enough to take it on. It did more damage than the fucking final boss of the game did when I was several levels lower. A recommended level notification or at least some damn structure would've been nice, game. ._.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't see how that's different that the previous Neptunia games since grinding (whether it be for money, shares, materials, etc) has always been a part of the games especially when you start to get to post-game and optional content (I'm looking at you Gargoyle).
PSN: YuriFan9999

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:11 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:I don't see how that's different that the previous Neptunia games since grinding (whether it be for money, shares, materials, etc) has always been a part of the games especially when you start to get to post-game and optional content (I'm looking at you Gargoyle).

In this case though, the grind is actually double (level and class) and also in most dungeons you don't get that much of experience points.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”