Stats problem when leveling up

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Stats problem when leveling up

Postby saya » Fri May 02, 2014 3:55 am

Hi guys!
I've got a problem with my Demon gaze, the thing is that, when a character levels up their stats go back to those they had the level before and get the same stat bonus/update. I think it started after the download of the Disgaea characters DLC... I tryed deleting the DLC but that didn't fix the issue T^T
All help is appreciated, and thanks in advance! ^^

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Stats problem when leveling up

Postby Shizuka » Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 am

I have no idea what might be causing that. Do you mean you can't actually increase the stats, because they always go back one level when you level up? If you're not too far in, maybe you should start a new game.

saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby saya » Fri May 02, 2014 3:07 pm

That's exactly what happens, even after deleting the dlc and load a previous saved data before downloading the dlc the issue still persists... But I guess starting a new game is my best option just like you suggest Shizuka, though it's a shame I had gotten quite far DX
Any way, thanks a lot I appreciate it ^^

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri May 02, 2014 3:40 pm

It'd help to know if it's a digital or physical copy you have as well.

saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby saya » Fri May 02, 2014 4:05 pm

It's a physical copy, once I start I new game I'll let you know if the problem persists

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri May 02, 2014 4:09 pm

I hope it helps, starting from a clean slate.

saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby saya » Fri May 02, 2014 5:25 pm

I hope so too, and once more thanks a lot Shizuka! \(^o^)/

saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby saya » Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi!
Sadly to start a new didn't help; the bug was there and it keept doing the same thing, my stats keep going back to those of the previous level and the stat bonus was the same so my stats didn't change except the one skill point that I could use on the stat I needed... In the end I went to get my game changed and just in case I formated the memory card after transfering my saves to my computer, hopefully this time there's no bug but if it persists I may end up thinking that the problem isn't the game but my vita.
Also thanks for everything as well as taking time to reply me and trying to help me out! :)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 03, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm sure the problem isn't your Vita, there may be another thing to try before trading your copy as well, if you still have warranty time. Remove the game from your Vita, delete the bubble of the game (push the bubble down until there is a "..." mark on it, delete all data), then insert the game and try again. If that doesn't help, I don't have a clue what it is.

saya
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby saya » Sat May 03, 2014 3:08 pm

I did that before traiding my copy and didn't help that's why I traded it XD Now all i hope is that the new copy doesn't give me any problems. Wish me luck! ^^

brainfriiz
Peon
Peon

Postby brainfriiz » Wed May 21, 2014 6:07 pm

saya wrote:Hi!
Sadly to start a new didn't help; the bug was there and it keept doing the same thing, my stats keep going back to those of the previous level and the stat bonus was the same so my stats didn't change except the one skill point that I could use on the stat I needed... In the end I went to get my game changed and just in case I formated the memory card after transfering my saves to my computer, hopefully this time there's no bug but if it persists I may end up thinking that the problem isn't the game but my vita.
Also thanks for everything as well as taking time to reply me and trying to help me out! :)

Perhaps a bit old but to answer this question for anyone in the future believing they have this problem...

There is no glitch. The +x you see after each stat when you level up is what your current equipment is providing, not what each will increase by. You only increase a stat one point at a time by leveling up.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 pm

brainfriiz wrote:
saya wrote:Hi!

Perhaps a bit old but to answer this question for anyone in the future believing they have this problem...

There is no glitch. The +x you see after each stat when you level up is what your current equipment is providing, not what each will increase by. You only increase a stat one point at a time by leveling up.

Oh, so that's what that meant. I guess I understood it wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

francesprince
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby francesprince » Tue May 24, 2016 5:17 am

Yeah! Even i also had similar problem while dealing with stats.

Return to “Demon Gaze”