Wind Bullet

Wustav
Peon
Peon

Wind Bullet

Postby Wustav » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:20 am

Gunner's skill, Wind Bullet, does not hit target at all sometimes. It seems to be completely random, and not tied to unit size, weight or gender. It's around a 20% chance.
Is this intended? Or, like it seems, a bug?
Many people have said they experience the same bug on Gamefaqs and Reddiy forums.
Oh, and I play on PS4.
Thanks in advance.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Wind Bullet

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:45 am

Is Wind Bullet not hitting a specific unit type, or does it consistently fail to connect regardless of unit type?

Are the units being targeted immune to traps, either via an ability or because they're Rogues?

Thank you in advance.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Masblue
Peon
Peon

Postby Masblue » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 am

The_Dood_Abides wrote:Is Wind Bullet not hitting a specific unit type, or does it consistently fail to connect regardless of unit type?

Are the units being targeted immune to traps, either via an ability or because they're Rogues?

Thank you in advance.

First time I had it happen was against a fighter but have had it miss against every melee class I believe including Dragon Mage, has also failed on Medics, Hunters and Arcanists.

Has happened while units were guarding and just standing (I don't believe I've seen it happen while a unit was charging). Side note when used on an assist kill at the opposite side of the screen when it fails the camera always stays focused on my gunner instead of on the attacked unit.

Have fired between 2 close units that both would have been hit with absolute certainty and it failed on both units.

Has happened multiple times (and most of my experiences) on assist kills (having Wind Bullet being the assist kill skill).

Has happened both in wars and single player missions.

All done on NA PS4

Hope that helps track down the bug!

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:27 pm

We'll look into it, but I can't promise anything more than that.

I will say that this issue with Wind Bullet never came up during our internal QA process. So far, the information I've gathered from users about this skill has been somewhat inconsistent. At the moment, I suspect Wind Bullet is designed to be a "high-risk, high-reward" skill with low accuracy, high damage potential, and a somewhat peculiar hitbox (for example, some reports suggest that the skill is more accurate near the edges of the hitbox rather than the center, while others report the exact opposite)

But if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Wustav
Peon
Peon

Postby Wustav » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:We'll look into it, but I can't promise anything more than that.

But if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Fair enough. That's all I ask.
Look into it. If it's "working as intended", well... Bummer.
It's crippling the Gunner, but one cannot have everything.
Still a great game.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Seems like it's working as intended, or at the very least, this issue was present in the Japanese release of Grand Kingdom.

For the time being, if you plan on using Wind Bullet, my advice would be to only use it against targets that have large hitboxes (such as Dragon Mages and certain objects) or clustered groups of smaller units.

I'll keep this thread posted if there are any updates.

Return to “Grand Kingdom”