Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: [PS4] Fairy Fencer F - Advent Dark Force -2015

Postby Mirai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:53 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:I got a question ^.^
Spoiler:
What kind of relationship do Sherman and the new Tiara have? Since Sherman remembers what happens in the previous timeline

Damn, sorry this reply is so late, I completely missed your post here :oops:

Anyway:

Spoiler:
Well to put it simply its intriguing because the first thing that happens when they encounter each other is a fight, but not for the reasons you probably think. Due to the effect of Eryn being near his side and Tiara's new personality, Sherman starts to question his own beliefs and towards the end of the route he decides to save her instead of kill her.

Wow was not expecting this to get localised so soon, :o PS3 version was localised around 1 year after JPN release, whereas this one will be coming in 3-5 months time from now.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 am

I wonder if we'll ever get a sequel for this game. I'm not in a hurry but I must say I'd like to see one.
Hear me out! This line will stay in my sig until Compile Heart adds Red Heart,
Blue Heart, Pink Heart and Green Sister to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series!

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:12 pm

There's a Sherman ending in the Vile God route?

Sadly I can't understand much and the guy who posted all the endings in English in one video seems to forgot about this one...
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:43 pm

I'm actually a big fan of the game myself and was surprised by the improvements and extra content, new routes and appended original route...plus Ethel, Harley, Marianna and Lola get endings so I'm happy.
A bit sad Tiara doesn't get a Vile God route ending but oh well.

General thoughts/impressions.
- ...I still very much dislike Sherman and Pippin is still really annoying...and Sherman is actually a really disturbing character based on some of the dialogue and pre branch split events, one in.particular before the desert is rather telling.
- Galdo's role in the Vile God route...was tear jerking, cuz Galdo and Marissa are awesome.
- The game is, while nicely rebalanced with 6 party member battles...is still surprisingly easy during most of the main campaigns, sans the Evil Goddess route, even on hard...but that's okay.
- ALOT easier to collect all fairies too, along with nigh unmissable Lola quests.
- Fang's new Fairize graphic is pretty cool and trumps the PS3 version too, imo.
- Little tweaks here and there are nice too, minus the music during your EX skill...only real minus

That's about it...overall, a nice example of an "enhanced port".

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:16 am

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:A bit sad Tiara doesn't get a Vile God route ending but oh well.

Probably because... Sherman/Tiara was teased in this route just like Fang/Eryn and Fang/Ethel was. Kinda like how the Goddess Route heavily shipped Fang and Tiara in that one, its a similar case with pairings I said above for the Vile God Route. I would of liked a Tiara end in the Vile God route too thst being said.

Also I absolutely hate the Evil Goddess Route.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Source

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:18 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Sleepyprinny99 wrote:A bit sad Tiara doesn't get a Vile God route ending but oh well.

Probably because... Sherman/Tiara was teased in this route just like Fang/Eryn and Fang/Ethel was. Kinda like how the Goddess Route heavily shipped Fang and Tiara in that one, its a similar case with pairings I said above for the Vile God Route. I would of liked a Tiara end in the Vile God route too thst being said.

Also I absolutely hate the Evil Goddess Route.

I will NEVER ship Sherman with ANYONE...I just can't stand that tool.

Ya know, alot of folks didn't like the Evil Goddess route, but I really like it.
It really took the middle ground on the other two routes in some interesting ways. Like with personalities and situations, but twisting them over just outright flipping them.

My only issues with it are:
- The lack of specials for Marianna and Noie.
- A more fleshed out Chiaki/Sherman narrative building on both his thoughts on Chiaki and his thoughts on Fang twisted by that wine. A lot of folks liked Sherman...but he's such a fake bastard who tries to damn hard and he doesn't know how to move on, at all. He's only redeemable in the Vile God route, but he's *still* lame. Plus, having beaten the route myself..ugh.
- I'm glad Galdo isn't dead, but still not being playable hurt a little.

Where I think it did well:
- Marianna being playable, obviously. A classic case of a sympathetic character who meant well but is too black and white, but unlike Sherman there was nothing insincere or forced about her actions and she wasn't driven by her ego the same way as he was. The rokt of her character is very kind, if a bit twisted.
It gets highlighted pretty nicely in this route.
- Hammering in the point that one person can't change fate and drove home just how powerless Fang was when set against the wills snd wishes of other characters'. Shermans's obsessions and obvious jealousies for one, and Appolonius' selfishness for another. They made their fates and nobody can change results that you yourself caused to happen. It's like this route was intentionally mocking Fang's ealy ingame statement about fate and willing it into existence.
- The shift from "Evil corporation" to "twisted religious sct" was a nice touch, especially with the wine. Various obvious but effective plot devices for its purposes...be it holy blood, or a symbol of addiction, it works.
- Pippin annoys me the least in this route..a HUGE bonus, and adds interesting back story to duch a weird creature.
- Lola's role was a really nice touch for me since I liked where they took it.
- A slightly more subtle version of Vile God route Ethel (who is strongly hinted to have a crush on Fang in every route and timeline...adorable twisted rabbit) and Harley (though more with her teasing actions since she didn't lose her memories) with her openness with Fang (and like Ethel is hinted to have a crush on Fang but is left hinted in this route vs outright said in the Vile God route)
- The nice difficulty spike over the other routes.
- The teasing for both an expanded in game universe and sequel.

Honestly, I liked all the routes for different reasons, but this one really sticks with me. A lot more was going on than I expected and theres lots of room to explore with sequels.

That's...just my take on things though...sorry.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:I will NEVER ship Sherman with ANYONE...I just can't stand that tool.

Ya know, alot of folks didn't like the Evil Goddess route, but I really like it.
It really took the middle ground on the other two routes in some interesting ways. Like with personalities and situations, but twisting them over just outright flipping them.

My only issues with it are:
- The lack of specials for Marianna and Noie.
- A more fleshed out Chiaki/Sherman narrative building on both his thoughts on Chiaki and his thoughts on Fang twisted by that wine. A lot of folks liked Sherman...but he's such a fake bastard who tries to damn hard and he doesn't know how to move on, at all. He's only redeemable in the Vile God route, but he's *still* lame. Plus, having beaten the route myself..ugh.
- I'm glad Galdo isn't dead, but still not being playable hurt a little.

Where I think it did well:
- Marianna being playable, obviously. A classic case of a sympathetic character who meant well but is too black and white, but unlike Sherman there was nothing insincere or forced about her actions and she wasn't driven by her ego the same way as he was. The rokt of her character is very kind, if a bit twisted.
It gets highlighted pretty nicely in this route.
- Hammering in the point that one person can't change fate and drove home just how powerless Fang was when set against the wills snd wishes of other characters'. Shermans's obsessions and obvious jealousies for one, and Appolonius' selfishness for another. They made their fates and nobody can change results that you yourself caused to happen. It's like this route was intentionally mocking Fang's ealy ingame statement about fate and willing it into existence.
- The shift from "Evil corporation" to "twisted religious sct" was a nice touch, especially with the wine. Various obvious but effective plot devices for its purposes...be it holy blood, or a symbol of addiction, it works.
- Pippin annoys me the least in this route..a HUGE bonus, and adds interesting back story to duch a weird creature.
- Lola's role was a really nice touch for me since I liked where they took it.
- A slightly more subtle version of Vile God route Ethel (who is strongly hinted to have a crush on Fang in every route and timeline...adorable twisted rabbit) and Harley (though more with her teasing actions since she didn't lose her memories) with her openness with Fang (and like Ethel is hinted to have a crush on Fang but is left hinted in this route vs outright said in the Vile God route)
- The nice difficulty spike over the other routes.
- The teasing for both an expanded in game universe and sequel.

Honestly, I liked all the routes for different reasons, but this one really sticks with me. A lot more was going on than I expected and theres lots of room to explore with sequels.

That's...just my take on things though...sorry.

It's quite fine, I'm not going to bash you for having a different opinion.

While I do agree there was actual potential for both Chiaki and Sherman here, I mean...
Spoiler:
Seriously I found it stupid that Chiaki sacrificed herself for nothing and her dying words didn't have any effect as Sherman gets shot a few minutes later. They could of brought Sherman back to their side with the antidote as well as Fang and Sherman now having similar goals in mind, team up against Junown. If Chiaki had to die with dying words like that, I would rather have Sherman get some character development here and stay alive for Chiaki's wishes hell he could help Marianna reshape Dorfa for the greater good this time. Or Chiaki grows a backbone and talks back to Junown.
I definitely want more interactions between the two in a platonic light since Chiaki got sisterzoned by him. If the Vile God Route somehow becomes the canon route, its most likely we'll see Chiaki, Noie, Pappin, and even Junown again. I would actually love to see Chiaki and Pappin again, Junown and Noie...not so much.

On the Evil Goddess route, I didn't like the amount of plot holes (such as Sherman SURVIVING the bomb unscathed!?) and the way they ended the final boss was out of nowhere and honestly I couldn't believe they managed to pull off something like that. Like I said Sherman's and Apollonius's deaths could have been easily avoided. I also didn't like the harem vibe I've gotten from it, I mean its Compile Heart, but one of the reasons people liked FFF was because of the equal gender amount of the playable cast and not the harem JRPGs that failed (Omega Quintet and Black Rose Valkyrie comes to mind as they sold pretty horribly for new IPs...)
[Male Playable Cast: Fang, Sherman, Galdo, Apollonius, and Noie]
[Female Playable Cast: Tiara, Harley, Ethel, Lola, and Marianna]
(Not sure where to put Pippin at...)

On Sherman, he's basically a love or hate character and possibly the anti-hero of the series. I'm amazed by the fans reception of him that he was well liked so much they gave him his own route (Vile God) and expanded on his back story as well as give him more screen time. Even Fang doesn't have a surname or a back story! I can understand and not be surprised with Ethel and Marianna, but SHERMAN!?

On the other hand it seems that Galdo wasn't well liked, hence the Nepgear a la Victory mode treatment he received in the two new routes. At least he was given a surname and his own theme!

I did find myself enjoying the new Tiara and I really liked Ethel and Apollonius in the Vile God route. It was nice that the optional characters (Apollonius and Lola) got some much needed screen time in that route compared to the two barely talking in the Goddess Route.
Source

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Sherman may not have gotten off as unscathed as you might think though since we don't know how much time passed between events (bomb going off and seeing him again). Then there's the isue of his being fairized AND under the influence of the "wine" which uber boosts your power at the cost of your soul, so him not getting too banged up is more plausible than you'd think, plus we can infer that Junown was nearby since she's the one who retrieved Galdo AND kept him alive...sorta.

I think what Chiaki needed more of was her own presence to help force Sherman to start moving forward.
The way her death and Sherman's death played out would have made more sense and had more more meaning if Sherman faced the reality of "why" his sister died...I mean he's the one who killed her after all, and all because of his ego. Chiaki would have been a good chance for him to face that side of himself, and maybe move on. It likely wouldn't have stopped him from dying...but it would have made for a more emotionally charged battle of convictions for Sherman and Fang. Plus, Shetman wasn't yet completely batshit crazy from the "wine", likely because Chiaki was there as a mental anchor. He may be a sick tool, but Sherman and Chiaki presented real potential...albeit in a rather dark direction, but one that would've fit that route in particular.

The thing about his, and Apollonius'deaths wasn't that it could've "easily been avoided". That wasn't the point. The point was they did it to themselves, and nobody is gonna change your mind if you want something bad enough...especially with Appolonius since he krpt his old memories and already died once to the guy who wants to save him now...pride won't let that slide...not with him, EVER. He's a selfish, stupid sword swinging bastard so I can can see why he died the way he did and is perfectly in line with his character.

Honestly, I like harems (typical wish fulfillment as a guy...blah) so Idont mind that at all. What I do hate...is gender slants completely one way or the other with no balance ANYWHERE! One reason I avoid Neptunia games....and MeiQ unfortunately.
Plus, the Evil Goddess route still had plenty of guys in it, just not playable...and you can swap out EX characters if its really that big an issue...and I build my battle parties with lots of girls (besides myself/Fang, of course anyway).

To each his own there, but that particular quip didn't ruin the Evil Goddess route for me...just the lack of fleshing out for the new characters.

On the whole, no matter which route is "canon" it's likely we can see Chiaki, Noie, Pappin and maybe the mysterious Anju since they should all exist.

The thing about fantasy settings like this is that with ancient gods...theres ALWAYS someone older and more powerful with a dedicated cult behind it AND there always more waiting to set up shop. Classic fantasy BS so it's all good.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:25 pm

Its coming to Steam... in Summer 2017. Frankly I'm glad because this gives them time to make it a good port.
Source
Source

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”