Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby knightnightmare » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Sleepyprinny99 wrote:They did a HORRIBLE job on Ar Tonelico 2(everything from game crashing bugs to to REALLY bad translating decisions) though, and they keep on screwing up the Hymmnos bits series wide for some unfathomable reason...which upset me to no end since I love the series, especially hymmnos as a constructed language...1 and 3 were handled passably, 2 was garbage but all treated the game's in game language with zero respect since it was crucial to the backdrop and context....but being a a lover of language in general I have a harsher scale when it comes to linguistic issues like that. I will never not be pissed at that joke of a localization(AR 2, I mean).

Anyway, I'm all for zero censorship too but progress is seldom a "something to suddenly nothing" kinda thing. It's an unfair sliding scale...a really arbitrary one at that where the only concrete motivators are numbers if a particular kind, be it sales or raw data...but even that's faulty given market selfishness. Right or wrong is meaningless with this kind of fickleness, so is expecting anything other than gradual change ideally in a positive direction.

That said...like Rednal pointed out it does seem to be the case that the overall trend is positive.
If nothing else, NISA is trying.

I think alot of this unnecessary, but I think it has improved somewhat.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:56 pm

In principle, I agree...
I'm nust a realist about things like this.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jZkevQNj3M

I can say I'm completely satisfied by the video and the edits don't appear to be that significant. While obviously I would have preferred an uncensored game, these don't seem Nintendo level of changes.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

razisgosu wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jZkevQNj3M

I can say I'm completely satisfied by the video and the edits don't appear to be that significant. While obviously I would have preferred an uncensored game, these don't seem Nintendo level of changes.

I'm very happy with that video, they did a great job of cataloging the changes and took time at the beginning of the video to explain why they were made.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:30 am

For what it's worth - not much, I know - I'm also fairly happy with that video. ^^ They did go into detail about why these edits had to be made, and while I don't think that affected the comments very much, I think that sort of thing is very important for people to know. Also, looking at some of the comparisons, you can see that the changes really are pretty minor most of the time.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Rednal wrote:For what it's worth - not much, I know - I'm also fairly happy with that video. ^^ They did go into detail about why these edits had to be made, and while I don't think that affected the comments very much, I think that sort of thing is very important for people to know. Also, looking at some of the comparisons, you can see that the changes really are pretty minor most of the time.

Aside from Mizuki's shocking motivation I agree. They should have put her on something like the others since they couldn't leave her chained up. Her just sitting there breaks the theme of the motivation really. How Mizuki's Squishy Ball Motivation made it intact is beyond me, but I'm not complaining, she's pretty adorable :D

But on a more positive note, I think I will do one of our Building Character pieces on Kuroe later on. I'll have to spoil some stuff so I want the game to be out for a while before I write that up.

pintsizedpurple
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pintsizedpurple » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Just chiming in to say, I'd love to see a uncensored release on steam!

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Did you sign the petition yet? It looks like they're a bit shy of 1000 supporters right now. I'm not sure how many supporters there'll need to be for NISA to change their minds, but it's probably higher than that. XD

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Rednal wrote:Did you sign the petition yet? It looks like they're a bit shy of 1000 supporters right now. I'm not sure how many supporters there'll need to be for NISA to change their minds, but it's probably higher than that. XD

Seeing as they will be lucky to sell 5K on Steam in total 1K is quite a bit IMO.

http://steamspy.com/app/466920

Mugen Souls has much better number but it was deeply discounted on several occasions.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:39 pm

I'd kind of have to agree that the 1,000 mark that's been hit right now is probably verging into close to double digit percentile of expected sales range. In Japan these niche Vita games tend to sell sub 50k sales early on, where the majority of sales tend to come from at full price. I can't imagine western sales are expected higher than that. Assuming 10k sales expected, the petition is at 10%, assuming 20k sales expected, the petition is at 5%.

If you tell marketing they can get 5% more sales and as a result revenue by permitting this game uncensored, they'll hear it. Not necessarily do it, but they certainly would be willing to listen at that point.

Dricsi07
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dricsi07 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:28 am

If the extra income is higher than the cost of Uncensoring it than it should be done just for the extra profit. I know it's a simple way of saying it but still.
Also this would tell theire audiance that they DO care wich is good PR as well.

bill jocko
Vassal
Vassal

Postby bill jocko » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:44 am

razisgosu wrote:I'd kind of have to agree that the 1,000 mark that's been hit right now is probably verging into close to double digit percentile of expected sales range. In Japan these niche Vita games tend to sell sub 50k sales early on, where the majority of sales tend to come from at full price. I can't imagine western sales are expected higher than that. Assuming 10k sales expected, the petition is at 10%, assuming 20k sales expected, the petition is at 5%.

If you tell marketing they can get 5% more sales and as a result revenue by permitting this game uncensored, they'll hear it. Not necessarily do it, but they certainly would be willing to listen at that point.

There are also easier choices to make, such as going after better selling titles that don't carry such baggage. It would probably save a lot of headaches for everyone if these games just stopped coming over. With the Vita dying out in Japan, we can also hope that they are no longer developed as well.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 am

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/ ... 0000000906

let's all take a moment to appreciate the uselessness of the USK

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 am

...I don't read German, but is that saying you can get a digital copy of the game in Germany despite the fact that it never got a rating? :lol:

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 am

Yes, well to be fair they did say it would affect only the retail copies in their blog

means that the title will not be advertised or sold at retail in Germany.

http://www.nisamerica.com/blog/criminal ... ity-update

then again the pegi version of the game seems to available in some stores so if people want it physical they can get it

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Off ... -vita.html

https://geizhals.de/criminal-girls-2-pa ... 57853.html

I find it all highly amusing

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”