Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby RandomR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:13 am

The lewdgamer article was a mistake

https://twitter.com/LewdGamer/status/785991215972028420

knightnightmare wrote:They really need to listen to us on this. Mugen Souls Z has sold around 2K with a launch discount this far. http://steamspy.com/app/466920
Steam users have little tolerance for censorship.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/409850/discussions/

4 out of 5 threads are about the censorship and the "main" thread is probably going to reach critical mass just like similar threads in other forums, I really hope that it will at least show that there's interest for an uncut release of the second game.
Then again I expect the game not to sell too hot and them not bothering to port the second game at all, that or someone is gonna mod the game if it's easier to work with the files compared to the vita version. If I'm not mistaken the english vita version has the fog placement hardcoded in the eboot, my hope if a mod happens for the PC textures is that they turn a blind eye to the mod so people can go about their business and everybody is happy.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:49 am

RandomR wrote:Then again I expect the game not to sell too hot and them not bothering to port the second game at all,...

If anything, not bringing the second game to PC at all would probably be giving them exactly what they want. At least that's the notion I keep seeing get thrown around anyway.

Would be a shame for those that do actually want to play the game on PC but it is what it is I suppose.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:08 am

shadowmaksim wrote:If anything, not bringing the second game to PC at all would probably be giving them exactly what they want. At least that's the notion I keep seeing get thrown around anyway.

They want the game with the edits removed, they're not saying they don't want the game at all, if the edits were reverted or removed NISA would get the money and people would get the game, everybody would be happy.

At this point it's not even a matter of costs (at least not gonna convince me about it), they've just updated Phantom Brave PC to support bicubic filtering, (and I saw an update on Disgaea PC which I assume did the same thing?) they're also releasing Disgaea 2 PC for mac and linux and all the graphical bells and whistles, they're showing commitment and willingness to improve with their ports, yet no resources will be spent on reverting those edits for Criminal Girls, on a platform where no ESRB rating is required.
They can repeat company policy till hell freezes over but people will write it off as an excuse.

It's the same sad situation as Mugen Souls/Mugen Souls Z and Ghostlight, the ports are technically sound, the games are altered though, while other publishers which may bring unaltered ports seem to be less competent with the QA and testing (i.e. latest Megatagmension with the broken multiplayer/crash at launch, Megadimension crashing at launch and with sound bugs and others).

EDIT: of course I might be completely wrong and Criminal Girls might become a hit if it manages to attract an audience that doesn't care about the edits as long as they get boobs and in a large enough number, I doubt it though.

As a side note, I'd have a couple of questions regarding the port of Criminal Girls and Yomawari for Prinny Supervisor, these do not pertain the edits/content.

First of all, will they be 60 fps or locked to 30 fps?
Secondly, this is mostly a cursioty, in an interview Xseed has recently pointed out how difficult it is to relay to some Japanese partners/developers the importance of having multiple resolution/graphical options, mostly because they are used to developing for consoles, I was wondering what has been your experience with your current ports and if you faced similar challenges (or maybe of a different nature?) while porting games to Steam

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:13 am

Hey doods, Criminal Girls 2 is out! Woo! I'm really glad that people are liking it, I've read good things about the localization!

As for the lewdgamer article, I don't think they were saying that CG2 will never come to Steam, but rather CG1 is coming to Steam and CG2 has not been announced for Steam. It is kind of confusing, being that we announced CG1 on Steam on CG2's release date.

RandomR wrote:As a side note, I'd have a couple of questions regarding the port of Criminal Girls and Yomawari for Prinny Supervisor, these do not pertain the edits/content.

First of all, will they be 60 fps or locked to 30 fps?

I am not sure about CG1, but Yomawari runs at 60 fps.

Secondly, this is mostly a cursioty, in an interview Xseed has recently pointed out how difficult it is to relay to some Japanese partners/developers the importance of having multiple resolution/graphical options, mostly because they are used to developing for consoles, I was wondering what has been your experience with your current ports and if you faced similar challenges (or maybe of a different nature?) while porting games to Steam

Yes, that is something that we've encountered as well. Many Japanese developers aren't used to the idea of multiple resolutions/multiple graphics processors at all. When NISA is beta testing games on Steam, problems with resolution are always first priority (especially after Disagea PC, which launched with...limited graphical options. It's much better now).
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:Yes, that is something that we've encountered as well. Many Japanese developers aren't used to the idea of multiple resolutions/multiple graphics processors at all. When NISA is beta testing games on Steam, problems with resolution are always first priority (especially after Disagea PC, which launched with...limited graphical options. It's much better now).

Interesting, also glad there's someone on the forums who's involved with the project to interact with, these small questions is all stuff that never get asked/answered.
Yeah the arbitrary resolution support up to 5120x2880 for phantom brave kind of showed it lol

Dricsi07
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dricsi07 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Hello! I wasn't here for a long time but I just wanna ask what new releases you guys are considering right now?
Since Demon Gaze 2 just got out I started to wonder.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 am

NISA regularly announces new titles. Other than those, they can't really say. XD

-------

For CG2, now that I'm actually playing it, I can say I'm not personally bothered by the changes. I'm usually too busy trying to actually complete the minigame to worry too much about looking at the background. XD And a little more sound would've been nice, but hasn't affected my experience very much.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Nictusempra
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Nictusempra » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't mind the censored content either, I'm just happy to play the game.

Personally I'd be rather miffed if I supported and bought the Limited Editions only to have a ""better"" version (uncensored) come out on Steam later on. It'd make me think twice about whether I should just buy LE's or wait for NISA to release it on steam.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm

The creepy silence will never *not* bug me though, incidental or not.

That said, I'm happy with the game so far.
Lily doting on Mizuki and constantly bickering with Shinoa is great!
...I want a Mizuki and Kuroe plushie even more now though...

Also, the bosses are pretty nasty.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Nictusempra wrote:I don't mind the censored content either, I'm just happy to play the game.

Personally I'd be rather miffed if I supported and bought the Limited Editions only to have a ""better"" version (uncensored) come out on Steam later on. It'd make me think twice about whether I should just buy LE's or wait for NISA to release it on steam.

Its a matter of platform requirements. Consoles require ratings. Steam releases do not. It is absolutely an option to allow it uncensored, and as a result increase potential sales due to that change.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 am

I have another question about fonts Prinny Supervisor. Since you said sometimes you're allowed to choose the font, I was wondering are you usually limited to a number of already licensed fonts? Are you allowed to choose a font to license? Is it on a game-by-game basis?

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 am

After the recent discoveries in Watch Dogs 2, I take back any and all criticism towards your PS Vita localization of CG:IO and CG2 guys, ESRB is a freaking bunch of clowns.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:12 am

RandomR wrote:After the recent discoveries in Watch Dogs 2, I take back any and all criticism towards your PS Vita localization of CG:IO and CG2 guys, ESRB is a freaking bunch of clowns.

What happened now?

Sorry, I wasn't that hyped for Watch Dogs 2 so I'm a bit lost in the connections here...

Curious though.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:38 am

Fully rendered vagina and penis models on NPCs, I'm freaking sure that would warrant a damn AO if it was an anime game, but heh it's a freaking AAA game...
Normally I'd think that means someone's pushing the boundaries and it'll make some games easier to localize, for some reason I don't think so.

EDIT: Ubisoft will "fix" it apparently, but not over rating issues, but because people sharing screenshots of genitals are getting banned by Sony lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer

posting the info since you were curious.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 pm

RandomR wrote:Fully rendered vagina and penis models on NPCs, I'm freaking sure that would warrant a damn AO if it was an anime game, but heh it's a freaking AAA game...
Normally I'd think that means someone's pushing the boundaries and it'll make some games easier to localize, for some reason I don't think so.

EDIT: Ubisoft will "fix" it apparently, but not over rating issues, but because people sharing screenshots of genitals are getting banned by Sony lol

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ign=buffer

posting the info since you were curious.

...Wait, seriously? !

Yeah, okay.....I'm not sure what to say here other than "...wow".

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”