Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Postby Red-Drive » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Spoiler:
Had a feeling there was something special about Alyn, then again, she is the main character's fairy. It does explain how Fang manages to beat the evil god though. Having that kind of fire power would do it.
Proud affiliate of Planeptune and Lastation~

My 3DS Friend Code: 0216-1298-2938 | Name: Red

Little Brother's 3DS Friend Code: 1547-6245-0544 | Name: Chase

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Some more interesting developments, as I'm basically at the end of chapter 2:

Spoiler:
Bernard is shown to be a man with the blood of the evil god, so he wants to revive it, but that's not Dolpha's objective (Mariano later comments he deviated from their goal). When he gets killed for good he mutters that "destiny won't change".

Shalman is starting to act more bizarre the time passes, he gets really angry at one point because Tiara keeps mentioning Fang and also grabs her, but relents once he sees "something" that isn't shown clearly.

Tiara in the mean time continues to drop hints about her body, but again it's still unclear what the issue is.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Today CH announced the official guide, to be published sometime this December. No covers or anything for now though.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm

For the four people still reading this, I got half game and the first twist appeared:

Spoiler:
Tiara's dead after a boss fight (Mariano and Zagi). After some shock, "something" happens and both Fang and Alyn get thrown in the past. It's hard to understand why it happened, but it does explain why you can get Effole and the other extra party members this run.

Nepdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Nepdood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:29 pm

xizro345 wrote:For the four people still reading this, I got half game and the first twist appeared:

Spoiler:
Tiara's dead after a boss fight (Mariano and Zagi). After some shock, "something" happens and both Fang and Alyn get thrown in the past. It's hard to understand why it happened, but it does explain why you can get Effole and the other extra party members this run.

Spoiler:
Is there a cut scene that shows Tiara getting killed?

3DS, XBL, PSN, Steam: Mekgolo
Try out my game: Super Space Armada

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm

xizro345 wrote:For the four people still reading this, I got half game and the first twist appeared:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Looking forward to development after this. I'm almost thinking it'll be some Steins;Gate like sequence or something now (trying to prevent Tiara from dying over and over again).
What's the reason you can get Effole now?

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Nepdood wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yep, sure does.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Nepdood wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
There's a CG, the one that was "accidentally" shown at the TGS' event. From the looks of it, she was killed by some of Dolpha's army that stormed the place after Fang & co. killed Mariano and Zagi. Fang notices just seconds she's about to die (with Alyn noticing she can't sense Cui's presence as well).

vertical09 wrote:
Spoiler:
Looking forward to development after this. I'm almost thinking it'll be some Steins;Gate like sequence or something now (trying to prevent Tiara from dying over and over again).
What's the reason you can get Effole now?

Spoiler:
Because we're back at the "beginning" when Tiara was still alive - Fang and Alyn meet her again while she's trying to offer them the poisoned tea, but since of course she doesn't know anything about them, when Fang tries to talk to her, she replies saying that Fang is "far beyond the level of a stalker" before running off.
Effole is still alive right now. It would be interesting to see how Fang decides to keep her in party instead of killing her.

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Spoiler:

I've been following this lol. Been interested to see how they decided to bring Effole back. Man, what a twist. The story of this game seems different from anything in any past CH game (at least, the one's that I've played) this just makes me even more keen on a localization!

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 am

Spoiler:
At this point, I would argue that Fairy Fencer F is perhaps one of Compile's very few true attempts at trying to make a cool game without completely relying on moe as a crutch.
Proud affiliate of Planeptune and Lastation~

My 3DS Friend Code: 0216-1298-2938 | Name: Red

Little Brother's 3DS Friend Code: 1547-6245-0544 | Name: Chase

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:21 am

Red-Drive wrote:
Spoiler:
At this point, I would argue that Fairy Fencer F is perhaps one of Compile's very few true attempts at trying to make a cool game without completely relying on moe as a crutch.

Why did you spoiler that? Also yeah, I definitley agree. I hope that Compa does more titles like this.

Neo Granzon
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Neo Granzon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 am

Hey xizro, I've only played through this once and there's still some stuff I can't understand but I'll try not to give away too much since you're still only around halfway. About Paiga...how "antagonistic" is he?

Spoiler:
He doesn't seem as sinister as Zank or as manipulative as Mariano from what I've played through. I know he wanted Zank to cut it out with the slaughter in the village he was holding hostage but the latter threatened him about his family. He doesn't seem to know a lot about Dolf'a actual goals too considering he often vents his frustrations to Vivia about the company's direction when the CEO and the other 4 kings are out of ear shot. Other than that, he's been presented as comic relief in some scenes outside where Fang encounters him or any of the Dolfa goons.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

Spoiler:
I think it's more comedy relief than anything. He was supposed to help Apollones but in the end he left everything to him (and that ended with Fang killing him). For now I can compare him to Abness in Neptune Victory, as it has some impact on the story but you don't actually fight him. I'm also curious to know how deep he was involved in Dolpha's schemes (which are kind of vague still, since it doesn't look like they actually wanted to do what Bernard wanted).

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:11 am

Did some chapter 3 progress, and there are some interesting developments.

Spoiler:
Fang decides to stop killing his (human) adversaries, being affected by Tiara's death in the future and by his encounter with Apollones' sister. He chooses to try to make them his allies instead.
While it's nothing particularly original, I was surprised by Fang and Alybn actually telling Tiara(minus the death part) that they've come from the future. Of course it takes a monumental effort to convince her - including a dungeon run.
More hints about who Tiara really is are shown, including her asking Fang if her future self ever talked about her blood (coupled with the Shalman event at the end of chapter 2 it makes me think she has the blood of the evil god, though it's unclear how she manages to suppress it).
Shalman reappears in the same sequence of the beginning, but this time not only kills the bandits that were harassing some villagers, he murders them as well, muttering that he needs to get Furies to "change everything". I'm pretty sure he's not the past version but the future one and has traveled back like Fang and Tiara - pure speculation on my part though.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Been a while since I posted (it's hard to gauge the interest of these posts) - some new DLC has been announced last week, hot spings sets for all the characters.

Moving on to the game it's now clear that it can be considered under certain conditions a Kamen Rider story, for the use of certain conventions. This isn't surprising since Inoue is a tokusatsu show writer, after all.

Spoiler:
During the re-run of a dungeon in the past, Fang's Fury breaks against a boss, leaving him and Lyn powerless. While Tiara tries to handle the situation, Fang gets beaten up, until Alyn's strong desire to protect Fang triggers the goddess powers inside her, creating a new Fury and powering up her Fairize (Fang gets a free combo slot during this battle). The whole scene is seen by Harler, who later introduces herself (despite some minor hiccups by Fang and Tiara who almost reveal they're from the future) and this time develops an insane interest in Alyn due to her Fairy powers.
The past begins to change, as well. Dolpha's party is cancelled, so the party moves to another place where a Fury is being held by Dolpha...and Apollones.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”