Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (Dungeon Crawler)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
LunaTuna
Vassal
Vassal

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (Dungeon Crawler)

Postby LunaTuna » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 am

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/06/ni ... anuary-28/

Nippon Ichi Software announced that their upcoming PlayStation Vita dungeon crawler, Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain will release in Japan on January 28, 2016. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine provides more details. [Thanks, Hachima.]

The stage is set in a town called Refrain that has a labyrinth and a curse that cuts the life of those affected by half. A certain witch shows up and announces her candidacy in an exploration. The player will take on the role of a legendary book called “The Way of the Monster,” and will follow your owner, the witch, through dungeons.

Since the player won’t be able to fight as a book, they’ll have “dolls” (basically an adventurer made from character make) that were created by the witch to fight in their behalf.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain will release in Japan on January 28, 2016 for PlayStation Vita.

Today a trailer for this game has been released :), I'm so excited and I hope this game gets released to the US cause DRPG are amazing :D

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9c9OgISz9s

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (Dungeon Crawler)

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:01 pm

This is my only need from NIS America. They can pass on several NIS titles, but not this one. Please NISA, don't deny us this game just because it's for the Vita.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't think it'll be that much of a problem. NISA has been generally pretty good on bringing over NIS games, even the less popular Vita ones. Not all of them mind you, but still a decent amount.

But yeah, I'm rather looking forward to this one myself so I do hope NISA picks it up at some point. If nothing more than the reason that between the aesthetic and designs, I swear this is close to being a "The Witch & The Hundred Knight" spin-off (in the same vein that "Phantom Brave" or "Makai Kingdom" is to "Disgaea"). As someone who is a big fan of that game, that alone is urging me to really want it.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:58 pm

I'm worried because it's a Vita exclusive, but maybe now that NISA is porting more games to Steam, that won't be a problem moving forward.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm worried because it's a Vita exclusive, but maybe now that NISA is porting more games to Steam, that won't be a problem moving forward.

Why should you be worried? NISA hasn't reduced the number of exclusive (or time exclusive) VITA games it localizes. We will be getting Yomawari, Criminal Girls 2, and we just got Stranger of Sword City.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:47 pm

NewGuy wrote:

Why should you be worried? NISA hasn't reduced the number of exclusive (or time exclusive) VITA games it localizes. We will be getting Yomawari, Criminal Girls 2, and we just got Stranger of Sword City.

That's just me though, but none of those titles are Vita exclusives. NISA will eventually make Steam ports of those and they'll have to perform great for NISA to continue doing the same. As I don't think titles like Firefly Diary or Criminal Girls will sell particularly well on Steam, I do wonder if they're for text-heavy Vita exclusives in the future.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:56 am

I just found out about this! I really hope NISA is considering this :D

francesprince
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby francesprince » Wed May 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Yeah!! NISA hasn't reduced the number of exclusive (or time exclusive) VITA games it localizes.

Zetsubouda
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Zetsubouda » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Given the really interesting style of this game and the awesome Limited Edition (including a Tarot card set), i'd want this translated.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:01 am

Still waiting. It was just released a couple of months ago, but I'd like some kind of sign that this game is in the plans.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:21 am

The fact that there hasn't been any kind of news is somewhat disconcerting. Last I heard, it apparently did rather well when it released in Japan so I still have plenty of hope. Usually any NIS title that performs at least half-way decent there gets brought over lately.

Well, at the very least it has a better chance than "Mary Skelter" getting brought over. Then again, it's not that hard to have a better chance than "not at all".

Return to “Game Requests”