How Come Criminal Girls 2 isn't getting dubbed?

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

How Come Criminal Girls 2 isn't getting dubbed?

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi,

I want to know why you decided not to dub criminal girls 2? Was it because the first one wasn't dubbed?

Are less games getting dubbed these days?

I want you to go back and produce a dub? You still have time yet. I feel no one cares about my opinion. Its easier for people with disabilities if the game has an option to hear audio in our native language. Some people can't read. I like an official response.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: How Come Criminal Girls 2 isn't getting dubbed?

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Too expensive for a niche game when they can get a hold of the original voice track for less than it would cost to record new lines.
That's what it's going to boil down to.

More popular games are far more likely to recoup the costs of new voice acting (which is expensive).
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, CG2 will not have an English dub. The cost and time it would require was deemed too great to fit into the budget of this title. I apologize for that, as I would have wanted a dub too, but it will not happen for this title.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Havoctheend
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Havoctheend » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Makes sense seeing the previous was not eng dubbed either, that and it's a niche title so throwing money at something a small crowd will buy does not help.

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:46 pm

I feel English dubs in Japanese video games are dying. The only games being dubbed are series that has already been previously dubbed. Why is any Japanese game being dubbed in the first place. Why were more games dubbed 10 years ago or more?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Spaceshotx7 wrote:I feel English dubs in Japanese video games are dying. The only games being dubbed are series that has already been previously dubbed. Why is any Japanese game being dubbed in the first place. Why were more games dubbed 10 years ago or more?

They're not.
More games are simply getting localised that previously possibly wouldn't at all due to their niche-ness, so some of them have smaller budgets.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Spaceshotx7
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Spaceshotx7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:49 am

I know Sword Art Online is a popular anime, and the game is an rpg, yet I think due to corporate greed, the game was not dubbed.

I notice the only game Genres that ever warrants dubs are non-ecchi rpgs and dungeon crawlers. All other genres almost never get dubs, even though their anime was dubbed, or features characters from dubbed anime.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:31 am

Spaceshotx7 wrote:I know Sword Art Online is a popular anime, and the game is an rpg, yet I think due to corporate greed, the game was not dubbed.

I notice the only game Genres that ever warrants dubs are non-ecchi rpgs and dungeon crawlers. All other genres almost never get dubs, even though their anime was dubbed, or features characters from dubbed anime.

This actually may be a result of licensing. Just because an anime was dubbed doesn't mean that the game will be dubbed, because doing so would require getting through a lot of red tape in terms of ownership. It also causes casting problems, as typically game studios won't want to use different voices than the anime for consistency, but the anime may have had a large budget that allowed them to gather more expensive vocal performances than the game can afford, for example. It's a lot trickier than it looks on the surface.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”