Tengai Makyou IV (PSP)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.

Tengai Makyou IV (PSP)

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:17 pm

This game was originally released on the sega saturn, and it didn't get localized unfortunately. Then there was a psp remake, that wasn't localized either.

I've been very interested in this game and would like to play it someday whether it's the sega saturn version or the PSP version.

but unfortunatley one of the only ways for that to happen is a localization.

Unfortunately the only even little bit of footage I can find is this

I'm really bad at giving details about certain things but the game takes place in an awkward parody of the US known as "Japing" or something like that (world map can be seen here) Story (putting spoiler tag for anyone who doesn't wanna know):
Spoiler:
The story begins with these kids who decide to go explore a haunted mansion, and in the mansion they find this chamber with some guy in it. They run off scared with some book, one of the kids get posessed, ends up reading it and causes the end of the world or something like that. Then all this stuff happens and whatnot. but I'm not entirely 100% sure as I cannot read japanese and am too lazy to look up a source.

Btw, this game is very controversial with stereotypes and such it seems :lol:

Anyway if this game could end up in the US in any form, that would be great.

and if anyone could help me put more detail into this by sending links to sources about the game, videos with footage of the game, etc. I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: One more thing, the english title is supposedly "The Far East of Eden: The Fourth Apocalypse"
PC = master race
Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Tengai Makyou IV (PSP)

Postby BlackIceJoe » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:57 pm

This series is to be pretty good. But seeing as Hudson is no more Konami would be the one to bring this game out. But if NISA could get a hold of the rights to bring the game out I would be fine with that. So I support this.
BlackIceJoe
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Yeah I'm curious as to what this would be like in the US

It seems controversial enough to sell at least 100,000 or more copies.

Hell maybe it could've rivalled Final Fantasy VII if the saturn version came here but that'll NEVER come here since it was rejected or something and the saturn is far past dead and its games are getting ridiculously rare.

but who knows maybe it'll be more popular on the PSP. I don't care which version I play as long as I can play it.

The series is pretty popular in japan and already has some western fans. So it might be a good idea if at least this one came to the US
PC = master race
Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby androvsky » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:14 am

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Yeah I'm curious as to what this would be like in the US

It seems controversial enough to sell at least 100,000 or more copies.

Hell maybe it could've rivalled Final Fantasy VII if the saturn version came here but that'll NEVER come here since it was rejected or something and the saturn is far past dead and its games are getting ridiculously rare.

but who knows maybe it'll be more popular on the PSP. I don't care which version I play as long as I can play it.

The series is pretty popular in japan and already has some western fans. So it might be a good idea if at least this one came to the US

Sorry to rain on your parade, especially since I'm all for pretty much any localization. However, realistically...

You mean 100,000 copies back in the mid-1990s, right? You're not going to get any controversy from that game; today it's just wacky anime version of the U.S. that no one really cares about enough either way to get a controversy going. See Sakura Wars: SLML. As I recall, one of the reasons Tengai Makyou was a big series in Japan was that it was one of the first games to have a lot of well-animated anime cutscenes, not something that's going to move units these days. I'm not sure there's a lot of anime fandom that's really longing for the silly 90's stuff anyway.

And you had to pick a game by both Hudson and Red, both of whom recently were recently absorbed by larger companies.
androvsky
Majin
Majin

Return to Game Requests