NIS America, Inc. is seeking a Temp Editor (English).
Type: Temporary full-time
Status: Non-Exempt; hourly; OT pay applicable if necessary
Note: This position is considered temporary and is based on project availability
Edits translated Japanese-to-English text into English for the Western audience.
Responsible for maintaining essence of Japanese games and localizing its content for the Western audience.
Translation text consists of but is not limited to the following:
- Game text (script/story, UI, system, graphic text)
- Website text
- Limited edition assets (e.g. art books)
- Trailer text
- Coordinates projects internally with other team members.
- Routinely interacts with department supervisors and other team members.
- Provides general department support if/when needed.
- Effectively communicates potential issues or ongoing issues to supervisors
Highly motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to execute tasks on time.
Thirst for knowledge; willingness to learn and continue to learn, grow, and develop their skills.
Passionate about video games/industry.
Love for Japanese culture, such as but not limited to reading manga, watching anime, listening to Japanese music, or watching Japanese shows.
Organized and detail-oriented to ensure execution of tasks related to assigned project(s) run smoothly and meet all deadlines.
Adaptability to pivot if plans/schedules suddenly change.
Aptitude to problem solve and think critically in order to capture, assess, prioritize, and execute tasks.
- 1+ year of related experience, such as but not limited to industry-relevant experience, 4-year degree with relevant concentration (e.g. English, Creative Writing), or writing and editorial experience. *Not required, but desired
- Strong writing and/or editorial skills in the English language that consists of but is not limited to English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax.
- English fluency in written and verbal communication skills in order to localize the essence of Japanese content for the Western audience, and correspond internally and externally if applicable for assigned project.
Proficient ability to use Google and Microsoft apps (i.e. Sheets, Docs, Word, Excel).
Ability to handle work with sensitive/confidential information.